I am always fascinated with my dad's past because we have very few pictures to document it. His parents house burned down when he was in college and the only pictures we have now are the ones his relatives sent after the fire. I hear lots of stories, but it's hard to imagine the way things were. I'm a photo girl, I see a story in a picture. It's hard to see it the other way around.
Here is the earliest picture I have of my dad, he doesn't know exactly how old he was because he really loved this cowboy shirt and wore it for special occasions for 3 years.

Here's dad in his element. He loves hunting, target practicing at the range and is a gun enthusiast.

Dad was playing frisbee with us and actually caught about 6 inches of air in this picture while jumping to catch this frisbee.

I took this one for him because he needed it for work, I guess it's on a calender. I've never thought of my dad as a calender-guy. He's not even a firefighter. :)

3 comments:
Loved this Sonja. I really loved it. I learned alot about Bill that I didn't know. And you childhood memory is so great. I want you to put up the picture of you holding the snake. It would be so fun to see.
Hope your having a great day.
Hehe- not a calendar guy- too funny! Loved it!
Rattlesnake hunting?
First skydiving and now this? You are my idol of living life on the edge.
Post a Comment