Wednesday, June 11, 2008

5 Years Ago

David was born on a military base on Larry's birthday. I told Larry I'd give him a big birthday present and have the baby on his birthday. I don't think he was expecting me to follow through on it, though. Where does the time go?? On a funny note, David doesn't think he is officially 5 years old until he has had some birthday cake.

It seems like yesterday that he was this little......

Photobucket
Photobucket

And now he's ......

Photobucket
Photobucket

5 things I love about David

He scratches my back and gives me hugs and kisses when he wants something. I let him "convince" me all the time :)

He picks dandelion flowers for me almost every day

He says "mommy, you're pretty" because he knows it makes me smile

When I ask him how much he loves his family, he says, "As long as the road is." It just melts my heart

He is so forgiving. All it takes is a little gift/treat to win him over when I've been away for a few days or when he is upset about something.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Great boy for sure. What a lucky momma you are and so is he for having you. I love dandelion flowers too. I miss those days. Aww.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Five is a great age. David is a joy, for sure. Have a great day together.

Nettalou said...

Happy Birthday David!! Your an awesome 5 year old!
Love Uncle Eric and Aunt Netta, and all those crazy cousins!!

smart mama said...

oh I love baby pics- and dandelion picking boys--

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Happy belated Birthday! You sure have a wonderful Mama!

terramisu said...

That is an awsome post! I love his lil' baby pic. What a darling!