Wednesday, June 18, 2008

House Update

The house has a driveway and sidewalk now. There has been a lot of work done inside, it has been insulated and the sheet rock is up. I expect we'll get a good idea of when it will be completed within a week. Our best guess is the first week in August. We can see that the doors are in the garage, it is possible that those will go in next week too. If we want pictures of the inside after the doors go up, then we may have to sneak in through a window (hopefully they leave them unlocked).
Photobucket

7 comments:

Jan said...

It is looking so great Sonja. I can't wait for you guys to show us the inside. I love the lines of the roof. And the bay in the front. Was that your idea?

Debie Spurgeon said...

It's looking really, really nice. I love the way the house sits up a little from the street, I've always found that so visually lovely. I know that sound weird.


Can't wait to see what's next.

Cindy said...

Your house looks great! But Pardon me if I'm not jumping up and down for a couple of reasons. One.. You never said goodbye when you moved and two I want a new house. LOL. Just kidding congradulations and goodluck with the remaining construction.

Sonja said...

Jan- I had them add the bay windows and give us the "dutch hip" on the roof. I'm in love with that style.

scraphappymama said...

building a house is so much fun. looks like they are making good progress. hurry august!!

Company EIGHT said...

YAY!! I love progress!!

Jodi said...

How exciting Sonja! Oh, and I just wanted to tell you that after your comment on my post about Bennett, I asked him who his teacher at church was and he said, "David's mom." Then I asked him if he knew your name and it sounded like Sister Yearsley. Then I asked him if he sits on your lap and he said, "Yes!" I asked him if he likes you and he said, "YES!" (with lots of enthusiasm) - so when I looked over at you today and saw him on your lap with his arms wrapped around you - it really warmed my heart. Thanks for being so loving with my "baby!" :)