It's crazy weather, I tell ya! Yesterday, I watched a dark cloud move right over the house and I could hear David running toward the house from the neighbors yard. He was screaming, "The storm is coming!" Not just screaming, it was more like a terrified cry. His face was red and he looked as if he thought this storm had come to kill him. He threw himself over the small waist-high fence which separated this house from the neighbors. I yelled after him to come to me, my arms were out-stretched and ready to let him know everything would be okay. No way! He kept running. He ran right past my arms of comfort and into the house while crying. I followed him into the house to give him a hug, he was shaking from head to foot. How do you tell a child that the scary dark cloud in the sky with lightning and deafening thunder was just a normal part of the weather? I had him calmed down. Somehow Larry got him to accept it and actually enjoy it (I don't remember what he did/said, I was running for my camera - of course).
The lightning was awesome, I couldn't get a decent shot because I was more worried about my camera getting wet. I did get a shot of the waterfall coming off of the roof, it was a torrential downpour of rain and hail.
8 comments:
The storm was so scary when I was driving. I couldn't see for a little bit. I love the picture. And sorry your boy was so scared.
That was pretty crazy weather yesterday evening, wasn't it?
It's like the dark clouds came out of nowhere and then the heavy rain... and was that sleet or hail coming down??
The nice part was that my flowers got a good watering.
I missed the big rain because I was in the middle of a big building with no windows. That is a really cool picture.
We had similar weather today too, and I can understand how scared he could be, poor thing!
That is a VERY cool picture.
Great shot! I love the rain - and thunderstorms, OOOHHHH! Makes me excited! I always joke that I will die from a lightning strike because I love it so much!
that is gorgeous, I love the greens in your pics of the class trip too! Your amazing.
Crazy is right!! I love storms though.
Isn't weather just AWESOME !?!?!? :)
Post a Comment