Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jam Packed Weekend

This weekend started on Thursday for me, so much happened that it's hard to put into words so I've added lots of pictures. I met some of the most wonderful ladies at a cabin where we spent the night playing games, talking, and kicking back. I thought I was living on the wild side staying up until 2am until I learned some of the others were up much later. A few of us went to Seattle to be tourists, I met the scariest fish I've ever seen (straight out of my nightmare) and I picked a troll's nose. Can it get any better?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Actually, the weekend did get better. Larry graduated with his MBA on Saturday, we are all so proud of him. His sister and her kids, parents, and my parents joined our family in Seattle for the ceremony. We took the kids to the Pacific Science Center afterwards, they had more fun than they could handle. If they had any energy left, then they ran it out at the fountain before sleeping most of the way home.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We saw the Laser show at the PSC, it was amazing.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Have you ever seen a farmer's tan like this?
Photobucket
Photobucket

I thought the events of the weekend were over, but I got a call early this morning from a nurse at the hospital. Daniela, a newborn baby, passed away and the family requested my service. They were waiting for more family to arrive from a nearby town so I kept my cell phone with me at church, I did end up leaving early to do a photo session. I learned that this was a terrible shock for them; they were expecting a healthy baby and met tragedy instead. The mom did not want pictures with Daniela, but after seeing everyone else with her she became comfortable enough to allow photos with her angel. When I was finished, I went back to church to help David give his talk in Primary.

I am only including this one photo on my blog because this baby has passed away. If you'd like to see more (in black and white / sepia), then I have included them on my photo blog.
Photobucket

And as the whole weekend comes to a close, I'm ready to have a full nights sleep!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Jodi said...

It really does look like a jammed packed weekEND (Really? Seems more like a week!). Congratulations to Larry - what an accomplishment! And I noticed you sneaking out today - was that your cellphone I heard during Sacrament meeting? That's awesome that you're there for these grieving families. You do a beautiful job!

Debie Spurgeon said...

You offer a remarkable service for the grieving families. I cannot imagine the shock.

You have had a busy, yet rewarding weekend. Maybe this week will offer a little more rest and relaxation.

All your pictures are amazing.

Deborama said...

that is so awesome that they do so much more for those losing babies than back in the day. I know of a few people who have no pictures of their still borns. :( Your amazing! IM glad you made it back, your Mom was a little worried about making something up for his talk! :) Fun weekend, and congrats to Larry!

Cindy said...

Wow! You truley are amazing. That's all I have to say.

Company EIGHT said...

Wow! What a weekend! I wish I could have been at GWO--I would have loved to have been there to meet you!

Brad said...

Congratulations on your MBA, Larry!