Saturday, June 7, 2008

Field Trip & Camping

Jared had a field trip at school, he's been looking forward to it for awhile. His class and several others took an hour long bus ride to a park where they mostly played. If it weren't raining, they would have spent more time looking at the different species of birds in the park habitat. Jared had a lot of fun and it was a nice break from the daily school routine. They found a tree with a very long branch which was a neat photo opportunity for the class.

Photobucket
Photobucket

We also went camping overnight with families from church. Despite the cold rain and freezing my buns off for most of the night, I enjoyed myself. It stopped raining by morning and the kids enjoyed several hikes. No camping trip would be complete without dirty pants and shoes. These are a couple of my favorite photos...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Jan said...

Gorgeous pictures Sonja. Looks like so much fun. I love the tree shot. That is so great and original.
The campout sounds really fun. Glad that you could find fun in the cold and the dirt. Great nature shots too. Love it all.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love all your pictures and you are so quick with your post. We got home completely filthy and smoky smelly, but it was fun. I agree about the frozen buns though.

The class on the tree is so cool.

Drostan and Jennifer said...

What fun and what amazing pictures. Great job!!!

Company EIGHT said...

I just LOVE all your pictures--you really have such a great eye and talent.
How fun to go camping--especially with good friends! (even in the cold :) )