Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break

This week the kids in this area are on spring break. I am doing my best to keep Jared busy so we went to the park one day. The boys had fun and I enjoyed taking photos of them being silly.
Photobucket

On a very sad note, Rudy, the Angel I photographed has passed away. His family put together a beautiful tribute to him on youtube with music and some of my photos. Grab a tissue!


I knew that day would eventually come. I was praying for a miracle and I feel that my prayers were answered. How many parents get to spend 8 days with their baby after hearing a doctor tell them he wouldn't survive the night? That is a miracle.

7 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks so much Sonja. I have not a lot of words except that was a beautiful tribute to a beautiful baby. I so love the video that they put together in his honor. It is a sad little story of heartache but yet surrounded in so much love. I will think about their family today. Your terrific.

Anonymous said...

What a sad video. Thanks for sharing that video. Thats really awesome that he lived for 8 days. I'm glad I found your blog.
Bye bye.

Unknown said...

Don't you love how Spring Break is always cold....

What a wonderful little video! That is so neat that you were able to be a part of this tiny life!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Little Rudy's family will be in my prayers this evening.
Thanks for sharing the video and your experience.

Company EIGHT said...

He is just the sweetest baby--you're right, what a miracle that his parents were able to spend more time with him than they ever thought would happen. I think it's wonderful what you are able to provide for his family--

terramisu said...

Wow! That was beautiful, happy and sad all at the same time! What a neat job you have to celebrate parts of their life with them. It is a celebration that he lived so long here (longer than what was expected!)
Love the silly pics of the boys!

Jodi said...

Looks like you and your boys had a fun Spring Break. I'm so sorry to hear about Rudy. What a great job you did with the video!