Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dialogue with David

We wanted to watch a movie with the boys tonight, but we couldn't find the remote control for the DVD player. I decided to organize a search party. The dialogue with David began......

Me: David, where is the remote?

David: Here it is!!

Me: No, that's the TV remote. We're looking for the one that goes to the DVD player.

David: What about this one?

Me: That's the satellite remote and the other one is the remote for the speakers. We need the other white one.

David: Oh.... Hey, I drew a picture of it! Wanna see?

Me: Sure, but we need the real remote.

Update - found the remote today (Friday) in a place I never would have thought to look.... behind Jared's bookshelf.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

that sounds like my house! No ones ever knows where the remote is. And yet while your looking you can find everything else but what you want.
Plus at my home the kids are really no help..Andrew takes us on a wild goose chase while the other kids just sit on their bottoms.

Jodi said...

Kids are great!! And I love the video of Jared and David doing dishes. Especially David in his undies. That's how you'll usually find Bennett. I'm impressed at how helpful they are!

Brad said...

I guess he had it propped up on the bookshelf so he could draw a picture of it! :) Your kids are so awesome!