Sunday, January 18, 2009

5:30am

I got a call from a nurse at the hospital, a family was expected to lose their baby who was born prematurely and suffered an infection. When I arrived, the baby had already passed away and the nurses were cleaning/dressing her for pictures. The nurses are amazing, they understand the importance of what I do and they go the extra mile to help me serve the best way I can. Here is a picture of her hands, I posted more on my photo blog. Her necklace says "Missing You" and "Forever in my Heart" and it was one of the gifts provided by the hospital.

Photobucket

I thought about staying home after my photo session, but decided church would help me pull myself back together again. Plus, my boys were there and I needed to put my arms around them.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I think it is so great that you capture these memories for these families but it makes me cry everytime I hear about it. It makes you really grateful for what you have, doesn't it? I'm REALLY glad that people like you help people in these situations :)

Jodi said...

I love what you do for these families. They're such sweet photos. I can't even imagine what they're going through. And I think it's great that the hospital gives them something too.

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

I also love this. My MIL is lucky to even have one cruddy photo a kind nurse took of her stillborn. I wish we had better pictures of him. When I miscarried I knew how much easier it was to grieve when there was a picture, so I had the tech leave the video running during the rest of the ultrasound and give a pic or two to take home. It really helped me a lot in the coming months. Now I'm over it, but I didn't want to be without it. Thanks for what you do for these families, Sonja.