Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

I got some sort of flu bug last night, I've been a little sick this week (not enough to really bother me or effect my routine). Well I spent last night praying to the porcelain god (among other things) because my body was determined to get rid of everything I ate or drank during the last 24 hours. Around 4am, I jumped up to run to the bathroom and must have lost myself along the way because I woke up on the floor in some weird position. I was a bit confused, Larry came in and inspected the damage. I think I asked him to kill me at some point, but instead I got a blessing and then went back to bed. My fever broke sometime around 5am and I was able to start sipping water so I wouldn't pass out again. It took half a gallon of water before I could stand up straight.

I looked in the mirror this morning and it looks like I got beat up. I have a fat lip with cuts on the top and bottom, a bruise over my eye and one on my upper cheek. That's what happens when I pass out, I hit things on the way down. I'm just lucky I didn't break my teeth or something else, that would be costly to fix without health insurance. The last time I was this sick was 3 years ago, I passed out then too - it's not uncommon for me, it happened twice when Larry was in the Air Force. I went to the ER and they asked me if I was scared. I was confused. They were trying to figure out if Larry beat me up as I later learned. I mean, how else would a person get 3 bruises on the head or face? It's because I find a way to hit one or two things on the way down.

Yay pictures!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Happy Valentines Day! :D

8 comments:

ditndetes said...

OUCH!!! That is not a fun way to spend your valentines day.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. =o( I was thinking about calling you, but now I'm glad I didn't since you're not feeling well.

On the other hand, you really should put some sort of warning up when you post. Something along the lines of "This post may cause you to choke on your popcorn and spit out your coffee from laughing out loud". I'm just sayin'.

But again, I'm sorry you've been sick and hope you get to a full recovery very soon. *hugs* =o)

Brad said...

Yikes! Glad you're ok.

Did you really sleep there on the floor after you pass out and knocked yourself out? That's craziness.

Sick is no fun. Get feelin' better soon!

terramisu said...

Sonja- That is crazy! I hope you are tons better! Call is you need anything!

Kristin said...

I had that happen to me once a couple years ago, had the flu and Aaron found me passed out on the way to the bathroom. Luckily I came out of it undamaged, unlike yourself. Jope you feel better soon!

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Apparently our germs made their way over the internet and into your house. Ick! I'm so sorry. Glad you're in one piece, though.

Anonymous said...

To clarify, just in case my comment was taken the wrong way... I wasn't laughing at your pain from passing out, but the way you told the story.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I hope you're feeling better today. That's no fun at all.

I am a fainter also. I know when I'm going to pass out and I tell whoever is around just so they know and can break my fall or something.

Take care.