I thought I'd tell a little story from our past about the greatest prank I ever pulled. It was the summer of 2000, Larry and I were engaged and he was visiting me at my parents house. Once it got dark, I suggested to Larry that we visit the Finley Ghost. He was a bit confused, after all it was a random suggestion. I talked him into it and he felt a bit silly going along with this. Well we drove to a place by the river, I set up the scene with a story.....
"Once upon a time, there was a boy named Adam. He and his friends had just graduated high school and they had a party on the river dike. They were drinking and Adam thought he'd climb down the rocky dike and wade in the river. The water was up to his chest so he pretended to drown. His friends started yelling at him when they realized it was a joke. They threw rocks and beer cans at him. Unfortunately for Adam, a rock hit him in the head and he began to drown. His friends figured it was a joke and did nothing to help him. When Adam didn't come up for several minutes, his friends realized he was dead. He has haunted that part of the river dike every night for many years."
I added details and made it sound scarier, but you get the idea. Anyway, Larry and I arrived at the scene. It was pitch black, late at night and Larry was looking at me like I was some kind of retard for dragging him to the middle of nowhere. We climbed up the dike and down near the water, I stood on a rock in the water and started throwing rocks at it while yelling "COME OUT ADAM, WE KNOW YOU'RE HERE!" Larry chuckled a bit. It didn't even take a minute for Adam to respond. Five feet away from the rock I was standing on came a blast of water, it gushed 10 feet up into the air. I ran over to Larry as he screamed for a minute straight. As the water started to subside, he looked over at me and I was laughing so hard that tears were starting to well up in my eyes. This was indeed the best prank I've ever pulled. To Larry, this gush of water took the form of a man, he could almost see Adam in there somewhere because of the story I told. What Larry didn't know was that a pump was nearby and this happens about ever hour. [insert evil laugh here]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Oh . . . you are so mean! :)
Pure evil! Too bad you didn't catch it on camera. :) :)
Oh my gosh, that is so funny!!! I'd love to do that to my dh!
You are funny!!! Did you make up the story too- or what that a local prank?
Yep, true story. Larry would reluctantly admit it if you asked. It happened locally too.
HA.LAR.I.OUS. for april fools day this year I plan on putting kool-aid in the shower head.
Um, I would have peed my pants.
I remember a date taking me to see the Finley ghost. I totally freaked and SCREAMED! Great prank!
That is an awesome prank. Soo funny.
Post a Comment