Finally a major triumph. David actually tried something different on his plate rather than push it away and accept the consequence. It took him a few hours (and no, I didn't make him sit the whole time). Here's how it all went down.......
David likes chocolate milk (actually he really really loves it) and asked for some before bedtime. I told him no because he didn't eat his dinner and that he could have water instead. David went to sit in front of his plate of cold steak and mashed potatoes. He pondered this for awhile. Jared came over and assured David that it really was yummy. So David asked me to warm it up and I did. I told him he only needed one bite, that was all. He stuck a fork in it and opened wide, then he put it in, but didn't taste it, he pulled it out to look at it and then put it in again..... It's like he couldn't make up his mind and he was having an internal debate about whether chocolate milk was really this important. So important that he would actually try this unfamiliar food. The chocolate milk won. His mouth closed over the fork, he pulled the empty fork from his mouth and put it down. Larry and I looked at one another and then back at David as he began to chew slowly. He chewed this tough piece of steak for 2 minutes and stored it in his cheek as he asked for chocolate milk. I didn't find out about his secret food storage until he later revealed to me that he had swallowed it with his chocolate milk. Yuck. Whatever works, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Callie stores food as well. Yuck!
Congrats! I love it when we see results.
Okay, that's funny! And at least he tried to eat it!
Yes, we are having the same battle. I though it sounded awfully familiar!
Your pictures are wonderful by the way!
Yay for progress!!!
Oh my! Good for you for sticking to it... looks like he's coming around to your side. :)
Hi Sonja! I just barely put a link to your blog on my blog, so I haven't been on your blog for a long time! I am sorry to hear about Larry's job situation. It sounds like he is working very hard to find a new job though and I'm sure he will find one sooner rather than later. I will ask Mike if there are any openings at his company in those fields. Take care!
You two look so cute on that phone! I wish my kids would not eat my stake so I could have more! :) Yeah for David!
What a big step - good job David! I love me STEAK!
Post a Comment