Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our Getaway

We flew to Toronto last Tuesday for a 1-week getaway, just Larry and I. The boys spent the week with their grandma, but we called them every day. Jared started asking us how many days we had left on Wednesday - only one day into the vacation. We sure missed them too and are happy to finally be home with them. They forgave us immediately for leaving, we brought them some souvenirs as a bribe, I love that we can buy them off so easily :)

While in Toronto, we went north, south, east and west to explore the beautiful area. It's so beautiful and green, lots of lush trees and some that were on the brink of turning all shades of fall colors. We went to Niagara Falls, Palmyra NY, and some little towns within an hour of Toronto. I loved the little towns with their old rock houses and turn-of-the-century architecture. Larry loved the helicopter ride, he was as giddy as a school girl. I took about 200 pictures, but will post a few of my favorites here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Taken from the helicopter....
Photobucket

When we were here with the boys last summer, they saw this "pirate" ship off the side of the road on Lake Ontario. So this time we stopped to take a picture
Photobucket

This butterfly has decided that Larry needs a little decorating :)
Photobucket

One of the highlights of our trip was touring the church history sites, here is one of the Sacred Grove. Beautiful is all I can say to describe this, it was a perfect day and the light came down just right for me.
Photobucket

Taken from Hill Cumorah - I just loved the puffy clouds!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

From the entertainment district at Niagara Falls - I was playing with the low shutter speed.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow! It sounds great! I love your pictures especially the one with the puffy clouds. It looks like a painting. Next time you need to take me on vacation.LOL Even though I'm laughing I'm not joking.
Miss ya lots!
Cindy

Jan said...

How fun. I am completely and utterly happy for you. I have always wanted to go there. The pictures are so great too. I hope you are enjoying that new home of yours.

Anonymous said...

what great pictures!! I'm so hoping to get away this year but not sure we can make it happen.

Company EIGHT said...

As always, your pictures are amazing! What a fun trip--and just the two of you too!

Debie Spurgeon said...

My dad and i did that exact same trip years and years ago, it was gorgeous in the Springtime.

Everything looks amazing, what a treat to get away with hubby for a while.

Nettie said...

I love your pictures! It sounds like a very fun trip!