Sunday, September 7, 2008

A funeral and a wedding

Yesterday we said our final goodbye to Uncle Leanard who was buried in a local cemetery. There were many there to mourn with the family and show support. It was good to see family members whom we have not seen in awhile. The Honor Guard was there to send Uncle Leanard off with military style - it was nice of them to do that. The service was beautiful and some lovely things were said.

In the early afternoon, I headed off to photograph a wedding. There was joy and everyone celebrated the union of a very happy couple. What a difference in atmosphere from funeral to wedding! I'm very excited at how my raw 'straight out of camera' photos turned out, but it will be awhile before I can post any - I have so much to do.

Here are a couple of photos I took at the cemetery.
Photobucket
Photobucket

9 comments:

Jan said...

Those pictures say a thousand words. What an interesting weekend. Sorry about your uncle.

Jan said...

Those pictures say a thousand words. What an interesting weekend. Sorry about your uncle.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your Uncle (or was it your dh's uncle?). And those are some very touching photos. ((hugs))

Cindy said...

These are some amazing photo's. They will be treasured for years.

Katie Mae said...

Hey, I was just wondering, Ryan and I might come up this coming weekend, and I was curious if I could take you up on the offer to do Maternity pictures?

By the way, I love the pictures you took on this post. I got the book, understanding exposure and now I am just trying to find the time to read it. I am excited to though! Thanks!!

Katie Pierce

Company EIGHT said...

Those pictures are amazing Sonja--you have such an incredible eye. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Debie Spurgeon said...

What a stretch of emotion for one day. I am a total mess at both weddings and funerals, how did you keep it together?

Deborama said...

the pics of the boys are so fun! School is so exciting, now that we are getting into homework its not so exciting anymore! :( Beautiful picture.

Katie Mae said...

We are actually going to come up the first weekend of October, if that works better for you. Thank you so much and once again your photo's are awesome!