Monday, May 26, 2008

Never Forget

Photobucket

Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored. ~Daniel Webster


We drove to the cemetery today to teach the kids about sacrifice, honor and what Memorial Day is all about. I don't know if any of it sunk in, but Jared was very concerned with the subject of death. Larry was in the Air Force and we always appreciated Memorial Days in a military town. There were flags everywhere, on homes, in shopping areas, all over the base and there was a parade. That is one thing we miss about the military, the patriotism.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jan said...

I have enjoyed going there throughout the years. I just think it is beautiful. I love this post and am glad that you are teaching the boys about being respectful and never forgetting. Thanks for raising good citizens. They are the cutest pledgers ever..

Debie Spurgeon said...

That is a precious picture of your boys. It's important for us to all reflect on our blessings and those who have sacrificed. I love the fact that you have instilled this in them so young.

Deborama said...

That is so awesome, I caught up on the interviews with the boys and the sprinkler with kitty and all the things about you! How fun it is to get to know you! ;)