Friday, May 9, 2008

Daydreaming

The roof is finished and the windows are in, here is the latest....
Photobucket
Larry and I both daydream on a daily basis about life in our new house. We went to check on things tonight and saw that they had put the tubs and showers in. Of course we couldn't resist the opportunity to check it out.
Photobucket

The last couple of days, I've had my nose in a new book. It's called 'The Host' by Stephenie Meyer (author of the Twilight series). So far, it has kept my interest. I admit that I was pretty neglectful of just about everything when the Twilight books came out one at a time, but I've been better this time and I'm pacing myself. If you want to see more, click here to visit the author's site. She gives a better description than I would.
Photobucket
Funny thing... I absolutely hated reading when I was in high school. Maybe it was immaturity or maybe I was bored out of my mind by the regular English literature. At the time, nothing could be more torturous than being forced to read some of the books of which my grade depended on. I became best friends with Cliffs Notes and scooted by. When I was about 17, I heard Michael Ballam talk about Les Miserables by Victor Hugo and he painted the picture of that beautiful story in my head with his words and music. I was in love before I ever picked up the book and devoured every page of the unabridged version. From then on, I was convinced that I just needed to find books that interested me. I have loved reading ever since and have even played with the idea of reading some of those English literature books over again from an adult perspective. Who knows, maybe I will like them this time around.

3 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

I am so glad you are showing us the progress on your new home. I love watching it.
Happy Mother's Day weekend.

Jan said...

Yeah. Progress pictures. Love them. It is so beautiful Sonja. I am so happy for you. And you in the tub. Rub a dub.....

Have a great Mothers Day Weekend and dream on....

terramisu said...

Finished the Host- Crap its good!!!
What did you think?