Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving in Ashton, Idaho

We went to Ashton, Idaho for Thanksgiving. My grandparents live there and Tara is going to school in Rexburg so she was there too. It was nice to see my grandma, I really missed her! It's always nice to be in Ashton, there is a lot of neat history there. My dad's family has been in that area for several generations and my brother is buried there. We get a great view of the Tetons from their house and this weekend was a full moon so I snapped a few pictures while it was still light out, the effect was nice.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jared and David enjoyed the farm, they pretended to ride all of the different tractors they could find and played with the dog, Roscow. Grandpa said, "That thing is a sorry excuse for a dog." Of course, Roscow could be a good dog if Grandpa would take the time to train him. Grandpa's solution for a dog who chases cars is to attach a 3 foot long chain to it's collar and let it drag. Well, Grandpa is always entertaining in his grumpy old age.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We had a close call last night. We were all sitting around in the living room and Jared came running in with a terrified look on his face. He said he had an emergency so I ran into the bedroom and saw a large black burn around the electrical outlet, a burned night light, and a burned/melted penny. I was shocked, horrified and nearly in tears. I scared the crud out of him with the "what could have happened" scenarios. I am confident that he won't do it again.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jared should know better than to play with electrical outlets, but his curiosity got the better of him this time..... just like that time he played with fire and burned 1/2 an acre of land in the backyard - see the November 2nd post.

The ride home was uneventful. While my mom and I drove, we noticed all of the boys were asleep with their mouths open, I had to get a picture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stories make me anxious (in a trepidacious way) for what is to come with my little boy :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that comment was me, Debbie in Tac Town

Tal gal said...

Sonja,

your photographs are incredible. You are very talented! You continue to amaze me.

terramisu said...

OHMYGOSH!!!
THIS PICTURE IS HILARIOUS! IT MAKES ME SEE YOUR DAD IN A WHOLE DIFFERENT WAY- FUN-NY!!!!

Brad said...

The sleeping boys picture is a great, classic picture! Well done.