Monday, March 10, 2008

Distracted Monday

I had every intention of doing a kind deed for my grandpa by boiling his combs, he complained last night that he couldn't get the gunk out of them. So I stuck them in a small pan of boiling water and got distracted. My head is still swimming from a cold and my nose is stuffed up so I couldn't smell anything. David came to tell me that there was a fire and I ran upstairs to a smoke filled kitchen and a small fire in the pan. So I started it this time.

The good news is that the gunk is gone. The bad news.... ash is all that's left of the 2 combs.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Drostan and Jennifer said...

What a great Granddaughter for trying to help. But you are a true mom like the rest of us! Forgetful and busy. :-)

terramisu said...

That is something that would happen to me- ony my kids would tell everyone what I did and talk about it forever. I guess your Grandpa will get two new combs instead. Love you photoblog!

Debie Spurgeon said...

You were doing a good deed. Luckily, combs are not expensive. I love how you had to take the pan outside, we had to do that with the toaster last week.

Kara said...

Oh my! That is something I have done too. So don't feel too bad.

Sheree said...

Oh no! That is the worst smell!

smart mama said...

that is hilarious burning plastic stinks

Anonymous said...

Next time maybe put it in the dishwasher (after scrubbing it as best you can).