Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer Fun

Jared loves watermelon, seriously.... this boy can pack it in. That chunk of watermelon I sliced off was bigger than his head and it was only half of what he ate before noon.
Photobucket

I learned the coolest thing from my friend, Linsey. You know those broken pieces of crayon you probably have under your couch or in the crayon box? It's just annoying and I usually end up throwing them away..... until now. Introducing GHETTO FABULOUS CRAYONS!!! Just have the kids peel off the paper, break them into smaller pieces and put them into mini muffin tins. Bake it about about 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until melted and let them cool. They pop right out. Viola! Ghetto Fabulous Crayons! They keep my boys busy with all of the different colors. They'll be coloring something and say, "Mom, look! It changes colors." Well of course it does, they got to mix the colors and when they put yellow, blue and red together... well you get the point.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I have made these before. but never thought to let the kids help what a great idea.
Yes in that picture Jashon is very tall but he is standing on a chair. Lets just say thank you for the smile today.

Jan said...

Those are some awesome crayons. What a fab idea Sonya.

Love that watermelon shot. He knows what he likes.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Watermelon is a huge hit around here too.

The crayon idea is fabulous, who doesn't have a million broken crayons laying around. Thanks for the idea.

Company EIGHT said...

Love watermelon, and love ghetto fabulous crayons!

Yearsley Family said...

My boys love watermelon that picture of Jared is so cute He is getting so big.

Deborama said...

I threw out all my old crayons, nice thanks for being a week late! :) I guess I can use a pack I got on sale for school for 40 cents! :) Im so excited what fun we will have!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I LOVE that watermelon picture! Awesome!!! Enjoy the ghetto-fabulous crayons! ;)