Pecan Puffs (or Crack Cookies..... whichever fits once you've tasted this small piece of heaven)
1/2 cup butter
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour less 2 Tablespoons
1 cup pecans (crushed fine)
Heat butter until soft, add sugar and blend. Add vanilla and flour (don't forget to subtract 2 Tablespoons). Stir in pecans. Roll into small balls, place on cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while still hot and again when cooled. Should make about 26 - 28 puffs.
I know you'll be excited to toss these into your mouth once they are done, but be careful not to inhale when it's too close to your face..... hello, powdered sugar! This is another reason I am thinking of changing the name to Crack Cookies. I got this recipe from a dear friend, she used to make these every year and deliver them to friends. They are oh so yummy!

No comments:
Post a Comment