Thursday, November 19, 2009

New trick

I met an older guy named Bob Davis at a photo club meeting in September. After I gave a short presentation to the club, he came up to me and handed me a slip of paper with "Harris Shutter Effect" written on it. He assured me that I would like this technique and to research it. Naturally I was curious so I did. It's a way to combine 3 different color channels in photoshop to create a colorful image. It's best for moving things like smoke, water, trains, cars. This morning I was bored so I finally tried it with water, here is the end result.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

This time I used smoke - even more fun!
Photobucket

I don't know what I'll do with this technique, but it was fun to try a new thing.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Very, VERY cool!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Looks like a neon sign, that's very cool.

Krista said...

That is so cool looking! (I guess cool is THE word)