Tuesday, July 6, 2010

When life gives you lemons.....

A couple of weeks ago, I got a call from a dad who needed me to take pictures of his daughter who was not expected to survive for very long. She was 8 months old and she was okay to travel so they brought her to me. The session went well, this sweet angel was so patient with me as we got the images that we wanted. It's always extra hard to work with these babies who are still hanging on because I hope by some miracle that she'll be cured. It's so heartbreaking to hear the news later. The only comfort we have is that she passed peacefully in her sleep.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It seems like my angels come in pairs, I had two last September and they were only a couple of weeks apart. The second one needed his photos taken on Sunday morning (July 4th) and it was my hardest session ever. I won't go into detail, but it will probably haunt me for a long time. Although the session itself went well and I got the images I wanted, it was more about the condition of the baby when he's been gone for awhile. I will only post a picture of his little feet, this is the eighth angel I've met and this one has broken me. I will need a long break to bounce back, thankfully there are a couple of other volunteer photographers in this area who will step in for the next angel.

Photobucket

As always, a sweet healthy baby is the best therapy for me. My dear friend (we go waaaaay back) brought her little newborn over to me today so I could play with her. It always makes me feel all warm inside! I caught the sweetest little expressions, I think it really really helped me. She is super cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are some random pictures I took on the 4th of July and sunsets. This area has the most amazing sunsets, I really missed them when I lived in Tacoma.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's been a busy two weeks for us. Jared is in summer school to help him improve his reading skills, David and I get to spend more time together and we all find ways to fill in the free time so we don't go crazy.

2 comments:

terramisu said...

Your work is amazing! I admire you so much!

Yearsley Family said...

Oh Sonja this just breaks my heart. I have been so sesitive after my last pregency. I cant even image losing a baby like that or take pictures of them.