Friday, April 9, 2010

The last 2 weeks.....

Larry and I took off for the Washington peninsula for spring break, the boys got to stay with their grandparents and get spoiled. We stayed in Forks, a rainy little town and it happens to be the setting of the Twilight books. I am one of the volunteer photographers for a local organization which benefits the blind and offered to sell prints for their benefit. Twilight fans might really enjoy some of the photos I took. This town is also near the La Push beaches that we planned to hike to. We did the math and figured that we hiked almost 10 miles in one week which doesn't seem like hard until I mention the steep uphill/downhill climbs involved. I am still going through the 1000+ photos that I took so I won't post any until I get my favorites processed.

We came back a few hours early and surprised the boys, they were excited to get home and decorate Easter eggs. Larry is starting to use the little point-and-shoot camera I got him for Christmas and he snapped these.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Larry grew out some facial hair during the week we were traveling, but he had to shave it all off before going to work on Monday. Hair and food products don't mix too well.

Photobucket

Today was "crazy hair day" at school today and the boys wanted faux-hawks so I did the styling this morning. It's amazing how they can go from zero to punk in 60 seconds, their personalities literally changed with their new do.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Debie Spurgeon said...

I can't wait to see the photos. How awesome that you got to get away on a little retreat. Would you believe that we've never been anywhere alone since we had kids?
Have a wonderful day.