Two nights ago, my mom and I were on the E! channel telling our story about my brother Jared who was bullied and eventually committed suicide. If you missed it, then you can see a 6 minute preview here. It's regularity 40 minutes long so I'm looking for the full version online. Eventually Hulu will have it, but it will take some time.
I thought the show was great, they did a fabulous job with the editing. I'm glad the editors were so kind to pick the best parts of my interview so you'd all think I was intelligent :) Finally, the subject of bullying is getting he attention it deserves and I am sure this will save lives. After I saw the show, I called the producer (also my interviewer) to let him know that I appreciated him and his staff. I was thinking of compiling other notes to email to the staff of E! so if you were touched by the show, then leave a comment and I will pass it to him.
I've decided to make my blog private for now, just until the weirdness dies down. I've had a lot of Facebook friend requests lately and most are normal people just letting me know that they appreciated the show. I did have one guy who crossed the line. He sent 15 messages and eventually a text message to my cell phone (I'm not too hard to find as I have a little photography business on the side with a website and number listed). I sent him a message letting him know I was not comfortable with a friendship, then blocked him last night. Hopefully he will move on, I would hate to involve the police. I guess this is one of the downsides to being on TV. I'm just a random citizen so I don't get it, personally. It does make me feel some sympathy for real celebrities, I could not handle that kind of attention/invasion of privacy on a daily basis. Being Mrs. Nobody, I am sure this too will pass. *fingers crossed* It doesn't help that Larry is in Idaho so my protector is gone until late tonight. I've been a bit jumpy, making sure the doors/windows are all locked at night and leaving a couple of lights on inside as well as outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Let me know when you find the full version...I really wanted to see it but we don't have cable or satellite. I'm sure you and your mom did a great job. You are really an amazing person! You do so many great things! I love to see your photography in the newspaper too. Keep doing what you're doing :-)
You DID do great on the interview... It was good to see you on there... and hear your voice again. And the show was very good and eye opening. I debated, but actually let our 8 year old watch it with us. I would hate for my son to ever be on either side of bullying... so it was an eye opener for him too. thanks for letting us know about the show.
I'm with Tallia, if you ever find the full version let me know. We as well don't have that cable channel and I looked and looked online and couldn't find it to watch. So frustrating. I would love to see it.
Wow that is scary about the stalker guy, but AWESOME job on the interview. You did great and it was very touching.
Post a Comment