Last night we were in town and the boys got a balloon. David LOVES balloons and was so excited about his. We got home and as we were walking to the front door, David's balloon caught on something and he lost his grip on the string. Larry chased after it because it was still low to the ground, but a gust of wind took the balloon up too high. The balloon flew away. David's little chin quivered, he had the most devastating look on his face... like he'd just lost a best friend. I offered him cookies in place of the balloon and he accepted the lesser substitute. As he ate his cookie, he watched Jared and his balloon with a look of envy on his little face. This morning, David woke up and found a balloon on his bed. Jared had given him his balloon. He was so excited, it was like Christmas morning.
When I think of good brothers, I think of my boys. They don't always get along, in fact, they can be downright mean to one another at times. But I can tell they love each other and they do things for one another that just makes my heart melt. I'm so lucky to have them.




I took these photos this last weekend, there was a canola field near my mom and dad's house. The boys enjoyed being the center of attention and of course, I loved taking photos of them.
11 comments:
That is such a sweet story. I also love it when my kids surprise me with their love for their siblings. And your pictures are amazing!!
Love, love, love the red shirts in the wheat field!
I don't get how siblings can go from one extreme to the other, in a matter of moments. The pics are so cute.
how sweet!!
I love those fields! cute boys!
love those photos! you got some really great shots of them. what handsome boys they are!!
It's always the small things that mean the most. What sweet boys you have.
Too sweet!
How sweet! Brothers are the best! ;)
Beyond great pictures. I love the brothers and the fields. Very very good Sonja.
Oh that story is so sweet. Gives me hope in my little fighters. I know they love each other deep down.
Those pics are awesome! Love 'em!
Post a Comment