Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm flying to Arizona

My grandpa and I are leaving Thursday for Arizona (he lives with my parents now). My cousin, James, died in a car accident on Saturday. I didn't know him at all, we haven't spoken in nearly 20 years and I feel bad about not keeping in touch. James's dad just died last month so this is a double tragedy, although it is more shocking to lose James at the young age of 25. If anything, this is a lesson that life is too short and that we should not let years go by without getting to know our relatives.
Photobucket

3 comments:

rip said...

What a tragic loss! Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Have a safe trip.

terramisu said...

Bless his Heart! If you need anything just let me know!

Debie Spurgeon said...

So sorry to hear about about the accident. I appreciate your words about getting to know our relatives while we have the chance. I'm going to my cousins wedding in a few weeks. I haven't seen him in 19 years or my aunt or uncle. Take care and my thoughts are with you and your family.