Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back from Arizona

It was nice to visit with my cousins and Aunt after nearly 20 years. I've found that our families have a lot in common. James liked a lot of the same things as some of my siblings and after getting to know him through family and friends, I truly felt the sting of his death. My comfort is knowing I will see him again. While I was in Arizona, I found out that my mom's best friend and dear friend of my family, Michelle Dunn, has passed away. I was just at Michelle's house about 3 weeks ago getting my pants altered, I sat in her living room and listened to her tell me about her girls and her faith. She is a wonderful person and we will miss her!

Here are some pictures I took in Arizona.....

I used to live in this house in Phoenix from 1985 to 1990, they've done a lot of landscaping, they yard looks much better now than it did. I'm glad they removed a certain cactus, I got pushed into it a few times by neighborhood kids so I hated it.
Photobucket

Mesa Temple, very pretty at night
Photobucket

Crater Lake in Oregon - it was clear as we flew over it, I was lucky to see it.
Photobucket

The funeral
Photobucket

2 comments:

terramisu said...

Thanks for sharing your pics- I have got on the Lds site- thing- I like it- I just need more time to sit down and figure some things out- but I will keep it up cuz its fun! I still can't figure how to put my pic on the thing!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Sorry about the circumstances of your trip, but it's always fun to see where you used to live. I'm about to go and visit family I haven't seen in 19 years: it is a little nerve wracking, but I'm excited. Thanks for sharing your pictures: I did notice how sunny it is there.