"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be." -- John Wayne

It has been a family tradition for the past 3 years that we visit a local cemetery on Memorial Day to honor those who have served and are serving in the military. This cemetery puts up about 300 flags, each with the name of a veteran who has died. We feel it's important for the kids to learn about the sacrifices made for our freedom. I'm a real sucker for anything patriotic so I'll share just a few of my favorites (out of the 100+ taken).




I waited around for these guys to show up on their Harley Davidson bikes, they are Vietnam Veterans and bear their souls on their leather jackets. I can't repeat some of the patches that I saw, but one of them included Jane Fonda.... you can imagine the rest.


2 comments:
I love your pictures! That is such a great tradition.
Those are amazing pictures! Is this the cemetery off the bypass highway?
Post a Comment