
For the first time in many many years, we had a white Christmas. Jared was so sweet to shovel snow yesterday, he really wanted to do it too.

I can't remember the last time we had so much snow and especially a white Christmas. It made today much more fun, but let me begin with last night........ After the boys went to bed, Larry put on a Santa costume that I got on sale last year after Christmas (I've been waiting all year for this). He went into the living room and pretended to stuff stockings while I yanked the boys out of bed to sneak up on Santa. We were very quiet and very sneaky, the boys got a good look at the "real" Santa (as they say it). Santa turned around and said in a gruff voice, "You're suppose to be in bed." The boys bolted to their rooms and then hid for a second before deciding to sneak another look. Santa peeked a couple of times as well, it was fun to watch. Santa said "Merry Christmas, ho ho ho" and went out the front door. The boys ran to their window to look for him and his sleigh with reindeer. At that moment (a very lucky moment) an airplane flew by. It was far enough that it was quiet and the boys were 100% convinced of what they saw. They are already firm believers in Santa, I'm thinking that will last well into their teenage years. :)
This morning we enjoyed time together before going to their Papa & Grandma's house (Larry's parents). We spent some time there and then headed for Grandma and Grandpa's house (my parents). Some of the highlights are that my sister got engaged to her boyfriend and Grandpa took them sledding with his 4-wheeler. The boys were happy with what they got for Christmas and we really enjoyed time together.
This is what it looked like when the boys saw their "big" gift for the first time at my mom & dad's house.

The engagement....

Trying on the ring (a perfect fit)



They boys were having too much fun to realize how cold it was, David spent 10 minutes with his hands under warm water. We had to chuckle about that because David is our sensitive "creature of comfort" boy. He loves warmth, bath time, lots of blankets, cuddling and hot chocolate any time of the year (even summer). Jared just came in and shook it off, he was ready to go back outside. He is our tough boy, but we all know there is a soft interior - I can still get him to cuddle up to me when we watch a movie. Can I keep them like this for at least 30 more years?

3 comments:
Fun pics! I really love that first one thouhg--your boys are lucky to have such a talented mama! I'm so glad you had such a merry Christmas!
Love the pics!
What a fun Chirstmas! Well done!
Post a Comment