Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shameless Project Showoff

Here is a before and after picture of my dining room. I have been thinking about this room and what to do with it, I asked some online friends and got a lot of ideas.

Photobucket

It was a blank canvas and pretty boring too! I met a carpenter who needed work (it's extremely slow right now with the economic troubles) and he put in a chair rail. I picked out a rich cocoa brown color for the bottom half and painted it. The rail was painted white to match the trim. It took several coats of both to get it the way I wanted it. I added a piece of art and some corner decorations so it wouldn't be so bare plus I changed the chair pads to coordinate with the darker color. I still have some things I want to do with it in the future, but it has been dressed up enough to not feel so empty. Eventually, I would like to replace the chandelier and add drapes. But I'm so picky that it takes me months to find just the right things so it will be awhile.

AFTER:
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks fantastic! I love the color you picked.

Company EIGHT said...

I LOVE it Sonja! Great color choice!

Teri said...

That looks so good its amazing how just a couple things can make such a huge difference, I love the colors.

Cindy said...

Wow! That looks great!

The Lane Family said...

That looks great!!!You need to come and do my house nexrt!!!!